pandora-kernel.git
5 years agoMerge branch 'for-next' linux-omap origin/linux-omap
Tony Lindgren [Fri, 16 Oct 2015 20:42:34 +0000 (13:42 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-next'

5 years agoMerge branch 'omap-for-v4.4/omap5' into for-next
Tony Lindgren [Fri, 16 Oct 2015 19:36:46 +0000 (12:36 -0700)]
Merge branch 'omap-for-v4.4/omap5' into for-next

5 years agoMerge branch 'omap-for-v4.4/soc' into for-next
Tony Lindgren [Fri, 16 Oct 2015 19:36:41 +0000 (12:36 -0700)]
Merge branch 'omap-for-v4.4/soc' into for-next

5 years agoMerge branch 'omap-for-v4.3/fixes' into for-next
Tony Lindgren [Fri, 16 Oct 2015 19:36:30 +0000 (12:36 -0700)]
Merge branch 'omap-for-v4.3/fixes' into for-next

5 years agoMerge branch 'for-tony' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/balbi/usb...
Tony Lindgren [Fri, 16 Oct 2015 19:35:59 +0000 (12:35 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-tony' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/balbi/usb into omap-for-v4.4/soc

5 years agoARM: dts: Add basic support for isee igepv5
Tony Lindgren [Fri, 16 Oct 2015 19:32:33 +0000 (12:32 -0700)]
ARM: dts: Add basic support for isee igepv5

With omap5-board-common.dtsi, we can now easily add support for various omap5
board variants. Let's add minimal support for isee igepv5.

So far I've tested that basic things work, such as serial, USB Ethernet, HDMI
and WLAN.

Note that like omap5-uevm, these boards seem to need to reserve 16MB for a
trap section as in commit 03178c66d289 ("ARM: dts: omap5-evm: Update
available memory to 2032 MB") and also noted in a u-boot commit at
http://marc.info/?l=u-boot&m=134376852603255 and also at
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/159881/.

Not sure why this is not needed for omap5-cm-t54.dts, maybe because of
different u-boot configuration.

Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: Move most of omap5-uevm.dts to omap5-board-common.dtsi
Tony Lindgren [Fri, 16 Oct 2015 19:32:32 +0000 (12:32 -0700)]
ARM: dts: Move most of omap5-uevm.dts to omap5-board-common.dtsi

Looks like thevarious omap5-uevm models and igepv5 are very similar. So let's
create omap5-board-common.dtsi to allow fixing up things properly for mainline
kernel to support all these.

Even if we eventually end up having only PMIC + MMC + eMMC + SDIO WLAN + SATA +
USB + HDMI configuration in the omap5-board-common.dtsi, this is the easiest
way to add support for other boards rather than diffing various versions of
out of tree dts files.

My guess is that also omap5-sbc-t54.dts can use this, but I don't have that
board so that will need to be dealt with later on.

Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: Fix WLAN regression on omap5-uevm
Tony Lindgren [Fri, 16 Oct 2015 19:32:32 +0000 (12:32 -0700)]
ARM: dts: Fix WLAN regression on omap5-uevm

Commit 99f84cae43df ("ARM: dts: add wl12xx/wl18xx bindings") added
device tree bindings for the TI WLAN SDIO on many omap variants.

I recall wondering how come omap5-uevm did not have the WLAN
added and this issue has been bugging me for a while now, and
I finally tracked it down to a bad pinmux regression, and a missing
deferred probe handling for the 32k clock from palmas that's
requested by twl6040.

Basically 392adaf796b9 ("ARM: dts: omap5-evm: Add mcspi data")
added pin muxing for mcspi4 that conflicts with the onboard
WLAN. While some omap5-uevm don't have WLAN populated, the
pins are not reused for other devices. And as the SDIO bus
should be probed, let's try to enable WLAN by default.

Let's fix the regression and add the WLAN configuration as
done for the other boards in 99f84cae43df ("ARM: dts: add
wl12xx/wl18xx bindings"). And let's use the new MMC pwrseq for
the 32k clock as suggested by Javier Martinez Canillas
<javier@dowhile0.org>.

Note that without a related deferred probe fix for twl6040,
the 32k clock is not initialized if palmas-clk is a module
and twl6040 is built-in.

Let's also use the generic "non-removable" instead of the
legacy "ti,non-removable" property while at it.

And finally, note that omap5 seems to require WAKEUP_EN for
the WLAN GPIO interrupt.

Fixes: 392adaf796b9 ("ARM: dts: omap5-evm: Add mcspi data")
Cc: Sourav Poddar <sourav.poddar@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: OMAP2+: Fix imprecise external abort caused by bogus SRAM init
Tony Lindgren [Fri, 16 Oct 2015 19:23:33 +0000 (12:23 -0700)]
ARM: OMAP2+: Fix imprecise external abort caused by bogus SRAM init

Some omaps are producing imprecise external aborts because we are
wrongly trying to init SRAM for device tree based booting. Only
omap3 is still using the legacy SRAM code, so we need to make it
omap3 specific. Otherwise we can get errors like this on at least
dm814x:

Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0xc06) at 0xc08b156c
...
(omap_rev) from [<c08b12e0>] (omap_sram_init+0xf8/0x3e0)
(omap_sram_init) from [<c08aca0c>] (omap_sdrc_init+0x10/0xb0)
(omap_sdrc_init) from [<c08b581c>] (pdata_quirks_init+0x18/0x44)
(pdata_quirks_init) from [<c08b5478>] (omap_generic_init+0x10/0x1c)
(omap_generic_init) from [<c08a57e0>] (customize_machine+0x1c/0x40)
(customize_machine) from [<c00098a4>] (do_one_initcall+0x80/0x1dc)
(do_one_initcall) from [<c08a2ec4>] (kernel_init_freeable+0x218/0x2e8)
(kernel_init_freeable) from [<c063a554>] (kernel_init+0x8/0xec)
(kernel_init) from [<c000f890>] (ret_from_fork+0x14/0x24)

Let's fix the issue by making sure omap_sdrc_init only gets called for
omap3. To do that, we need to have compatible "ti,omap3" in the dts
files. And let's also use "ti,omap3630" instead of "ti,omap36xx" like
we're supposed to.

Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: OMAP2+: Fix oops with LPAE and more than 2GB of memory
Tony Lindgren [Fri, 16 Oct 2015 19:16:21 +0000 (12:16 -0700)]
ARM: OMAP2+: Fix oops with LPAE and more than 2GB of memory

On boards with more than 2GB of RAM booting goes wrong with things not
working and we're getting lots of l3 warnings:

WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1 at drivers/bus/omap_l3_noc.c:147
l3_interrupt_handler+0x260/0x384()
44000000.ocp:L3 Custom Error: MASTER MMC6 TARGET DMM1 (Idle):
Data Access in User mode during Functional access
...
[<c044e158>] (scsi_add_host_with_dma) from [<c04705c8>]
(ata_scsi_add_hosts+0x5c/0x18c)
[<c04705c8>] (ata_scsi_add_hosts) from [<c046b13c>]
(ata_host_register+0x150/0x2cc)
[<c046b13c>] (ata_host_register) from [<c046b38c>]
(ata_host_activate+0xd4/0x124)
[<c046b38c>] (ata_host_activate) from [<c047f42c>]
(ahci_host_activate+0x5c/0x194)
[<c047f42c>] (ahci_host_activate) from [<c0480854>]
(ahci_platform_init_host+0x1f0/0x3f0)
[<c0480854>] (ahci_platform_init_host) from [<c047c9dc>]
(ahci_probe+0x70/0x98)
[<c047c9dc>] (ahci_probe) from [<c04220cc>]
(platform_drv_probe+0x54/0xb4)

Let's fix the issue by enabling ZONE_DMA for LPAE. Note that we need to
limit dma_zone_size to 2GB as the rest of the RAM is beyond the 4GB limit.

Let's also fix things for dra7 as done in similar patches in the TI tree
by Lokesh Vutla <lokeshvutla@ti.com>.

Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: OMAP: Change all cpu_is_* occurences to soc_is_* for id.c
Keerthy [Wed, 14 Oct 2015 05:43:08 +0000 (11:13 +0530)]
ARM: OMAP: Change all cpu_is_* occurences to soc_is_* for id.c

Currently apart from dra7, omap5 and amx3 all the other SoCs
are identified using cpu_is_* functions which is not right since
they are all SoCs(System on Chips). Hence changing the SoC
identification code to use soc_is instead of cpu_is and keeping
defines for cpu_is where needed. This allows us to replace the
rest of cpu_is usage along with other fixes as needed.

Acked-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Keerthy <j-keerthy@ti.com>
[tony@atomide.com: reworked the soc.h changes to minimum]
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: OMAP2+: Rename cpu_is macros to soc_is
Tony Lindgren [Fri, 16 Oct 2015 17:08:45 +0000 (10:08 -0700)]
ARM: OMAP2+: Rename cpu_is macros to soc_is

The naming for the cpu_is macros is confusing as the CPU is separate
and within the SoC. Let's rename all the macros to soc_is, and let's
define cpu_is also for the ones still in use. Then we can just remove
the cpu_is macros once the users are fixed up.

To keep the chances of breaking anything, the changes were
generated with the following regular expressions:

s/cpu_is/soc_is/g
s/CPU/SoC/g

Then the list of existing cpu_is users was generated with:

$ $ grep -o -e 'cpu_is_.\+()' arch/arm/mach-omap2/*.[chS] | \
cut -d: -f2 | sort | uniq

And added to the end of the soc.h.

I decided to rework the earlier patches by Keerthy <j-keerthy@ti.com>
to keep changes down to minimum to avoid potential errors and stick
to just search and replace.

Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoarm: omap2: timer: limit hwmod usage to non-DT boots
Felipe Balbi [Tue, 29 Sep 2015 20:10:10 +0000 (15:10 -0500)]
arm: omap2: timer: limit hwmod usage to non-DT boots

now that we have a working 32k clocksource driver,
we can limit HWMOD usage to non-DT boots and rely
on clocksource_of_init() every time we boot
with DT.

While at that, also make sure that we don't disable
the 32-counter device so it gets probed by its driver.

Signed-off-by: Felipe Balbi <balbi@ti.com>
5 years agoarm: omap2+: select 32k clocksource driver
Felipe Balbi [Mon, 5 Oct 2015 16:40:58 +0000 (11:40 -0500)]
arm: omap2+: select 32k clocksource driver

Now that we have a 32k clocksource driver, let's
select it for OMAP2PLUS builds.

Signed-off-by: Felipe Balbi <balbi@ti.com>
5 years agoclocksource: add TI 32.768 Hz counter driver
Felipe Balbi [Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:55:33 +0000 (13:55 -0500)]
clocksource: add TI 32.768 Hz counter driver

Introduce a new clocksource driver for Texas
Instruments 32.768 Hz device which is available
on most OMAP-like devices.

Acked-by: Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Felipe Balbi <balbi@ti.com>
5 years agoarm: omap2: timer: rename omap_sync32k_timer_init()
Felipe Balbi [Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:26:45 +0000 (13:26 -0500)]
arm: omap2: timer: rename omap_sync32k_timer_init()

this function is not only about the 32k sync
timer, it's OMAP's generic init_time implementation.

Let's rename it to make that detail easier to
notice.

Signed-off-by: Felipe Balbi <balbi@ti.com>
5 years agoarm: omap2: timer: always call clocksource_of_init() when DT
Felipe Balbi [Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:15:02 +0000 (13:15 -0500)]
arm: omap2: timer: always call clocksource_of_init() when DT

If booting with DT, let's make sure to always
call clocksource_of_init() as this will make
it easier to move timer code to drivers/clocksource
in the future.

Signed-off-by: Felipe Balbi <balbi@ti.com>
5 years agoarm: omap2: timer: move realtime_counter_init() around
Felipe Balbi [Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:12:55 +0000 (13:12 -0500)]
arm: omap2: timer: move realtime_counter_init() around

no functional changes, just moving that function
closer to its calling location.

Signed-off-by: Felipe Balbi <balbi@ti.com>
5 years agoarm: omap2: timer: provide generic sync32k_timer_init function
Felipe Balbi [Tue, 29 Sep 2015 17:15:50 +0000 (12:15 -0500)]
arm: omap2: timer: provide generic sync32k_timer_init function

instead of constantly defining a small wrapper
around __omap_sync32k_timer_init(), let's define
a generic one which can be used by all OMAPs.

Signed-off-by: Felipe Balbi <balbi@ti.com>
5 years agoarm: omap2: timer: remove __omap_gptimer_init()
Felipe Balbi [Tue, 29 Sep 2015 16:44:47 +0000 (11:44 -0500)]
arm: omap2: timer: remove __omap_gptimer_init()

__omap_sync32k_timer_init(), now takes the clock
source as a parameter. This means we no longer need
__omap_gptimer_init().

Note that __omap_sync32k_timer_init() will be
renamed in a follow-up patch as it's not longer 32k
source specific.

Signed-off-by: Felipe Balbi <balbi@ti.com>
5 years agoarm: omap2: timer: add a gptimer argument to sync32k_timer_init()
Felipe Balbi [Tue, 29 Sep 2015 16:38:48 +0000 (11:38 -0500)]
arm: omap2: timer: add a gptimer argument to sync32k_timer_init()

as it turns out, __omap_gptimer_init() and
__omap_sync32k_timer_init() are essentially
the same thing, but __omap_gptimer_init() wants
to always use gptimer.

Instead of forcing all those devices to pass
a use_gptimer cmdline argument, we add a new
function argument to __omap_sync32k_timer_init()
in preparation to deleting __omap_gptimer_init().

On a follow-up patch, we will remove uses of
__omap_gptimer_init() and replace them with
__omap_sync32k_timer_init() and pass the last
argument as true.

Signed-off-by: Felipe Balbi <balbi@ti.com>
5 years agoarm: omap2: timer: get rid of obfuscating macros
Felipe Balbi [Tue, 29 Sep 2015 16:34:39 +0000 (11:34 -0500)]
arm: omap2: timer: get rid of obfuscating macros

those macros just make it a lot more difficult
to grep around and actually find similarities.

In this patch, we will simply remove them and
replace with actual functions and later commits
will come to further clean this up.

Signed-off-by: Felipe Balbi <balbi@ti.com>
5 years agoarm: omap2: timer: always define omap4_local_timer_init
Felipe Balbi [Mon, 28 Sep 2015 18:25:44 +0000 (13:25 -0500)]
arm: omap2: timer: always define omap4_local_timer_init

omap4_local_timer_init() can be used by other
platforms as is. At least AM437x wants to use
it. Instead of making omap4-only and providing
a stub for builds without OMAP4, we can just
make sure that function is always available
for all SoCs that need it.

Reported-by: Nishanth Menon <nm@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Felipe Balbi <balbi@ti.com>
5 years agoMerge branch 'for-next'
Tony Lindgren [Wed, 14 Oct 2015 21:13:28 +0000 (14:13 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-next'

5 years agoMerge branches 'omap-for-v4.4/dt' and 'omap-for-v4.4/cleanup' into for-next
Tony Lindgren [Wed, 14 Oct 2015 20:52:01 +0000 (13:52 -0700)]
Merge branches 'omap-for-v4.4/dt' and 'omap-for-v4.4/cleanup' into for-next

5 years agoARM: OMAP3: clock: remove un-used core dpll re-program code omap-for-v4.4/cleanup-pt1
Tero Kristo [Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:49:16 +0000 (14:49 +0300)]
ARM: OMAP3: clock: remove un-used core dpll re-program code

Remove the OMAP3 core DPLL re-program code, and the associated SRAM
code that does the low-level programming of the DPLL divider, idling
of the SDRAM etc.

This code was never fully implemented in the kernel; things missing
were driver side handling of core clock changes (they need to account
for their functional clock rate being changed on-the-fly), and the whole
framework required for handling this. Thus, there is not much point
to keep carrying the low-level support code either.

Signed-off-by: Tero Kristo <t-kristo@ti.com>
Cc: Paul Walmsley <paul@pwsan.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: omap3-igep: Use OMAP3_CORE1_IOPAD pinmux macro omap-for-v4.4/dt-pt1
Laurent Pinchart [Tue, 13 Oct 2015 17:31:47 +0000 (20:31 +0300)]
ARM: dts: omap3-igep: Use OMAP3_CORE1_IOPAD pinmux macro

Use the macro instead of absolute register offsets to make the code more
readable as the values now match register addresses from the datasheet.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Acked-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@osg.samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoMerge branch 'for-next'
Tony Lindgren [Tue, 13 Oct 2015 00:14:40 +0000 (17:14 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-next'

5 years agoMerge branch 'omap-for-v4.4/dt' into for-next
Tony Lindgren [Mon, 12 Oct 2015 23:53:24 +0000 (16:53 -0700)]
Merge branch 'omap-for-v4.4/dt' into for-next

5 years agoARM: dts: dra7xx: am57xx: fix cd-gpios definition as per hardware design and dt bindi...
Mugunthan V N [Mon, 12 Oct 2015 09:07:12 +0000 (14:37 +0530)]
ARM: dts: dra7xx: am57xx: fix cd-gpios definition as per hardware design and dt binding docs

As per mmc device tree binding documentation card detect gpio has
to be active low signal. When a hardware is designed with active
high card detect, gpio polarity has to be changed with
cd-inverted dt property.

In DRA74x, DRA72x and AM57xx EVMs the card detect gpio is
designed as active low gpio. So correcting the dt card detect
gpio definition.

Signed-off-by: Mugunthan V N <mugunthanvnm@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: am43xx: fix cd-gpios definition as per hardware design and dt binding docs
Mugunthan V N [Mon, 12 Oct 2015 09:07:11 +0000 (14:37 +0530)]
ARM: dts: am43xx: fix cd-gpios definition as per hardware design and dt binding docs

As per mmc device tree binding documentation card detect gpio has
to be active low signal. When a hardware is designed with active
high card detect, gpio polarity has to be changed with
cd-inverted dt property.

In AM43xx the card detect gpio is designed as active low gpio.
So correcting the dt card detect gpio definition.

Signed-off-by: Mugunthan V N <mugunthanvnm@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: am335x: fix cd-gpios definition as per hardware design and dt binding docs
Mugunthan V N [Mon, 12 Oct 2015 09:07:10 +0000 (14:37 +0530)]
ARM: dts: am335x: fix cd-gpios definition as per hardware design and dt binding docs

As per mmc device tree binding documentation card detect gpio has
to be active low signal. When a hardware is designed with active
high card detect, gpio polarity has to be changed with
cd-inverted dt property.

In AM335x the card detect gpio is designed as active low gpio.
So correcting the dt card detect gpio definition.

Signed-off-by: Mugunthan V N <mugunthanvnm@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: omap3-igep0020: Remove duplicate uart2 pinmux
Laurent Pinchart [Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:46:40 +0000 (23:46 +0300)]
ARM: dts: omap3-igep0020: Remove duplicate uart2 pinmux

uart2 pinmux is already defined in omap3-igep0020-common.dtsi, remove
the duplicate node.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Acked-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@osg.samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: omap3-igep: Fix indentation
Laurent Pinchart [Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:46:39 +0000 (23:46 +0300)]
ARM: dts: omap3-igep: Fix indentation

Use tabs instead of spaces for indentation.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: omap3-lilly-a83x: Don't use IRQ level flag for a GPIO
Javier Martinez Canillas [Tue, 6 Oct 2015 09:22:59 +0000 (11:22 +0200)]
ARM: dts: omap3-lilly-a83x: Don't use IRQ level flag for a GPIO

The card detect GPIO is using IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_LOW in the GPIO flag cells
but this defined constant is meant to be used for a IRQ and not a GPIO.
So instead use GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW that seems to be the original intention.

Signed-off-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@osg.samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoMerge branch 'omap-for-v4.4/cleanup' into for-next
Tony Lindgren [Mon, 12 Oct 2015 23:35:48 +0000 (16:35 -0700)]
Merge branch 'omap-for-v4.4/cleanup' into for-next

5 years agoMerge branch 'omap-for-v4.4/fixes' into for-next
Tony Lindgren [Mon, 12 Oct 2015 23:35:21 +0000 (16:35 -0700)]
Merge branch 'omap-for-v4.4/fixes' into for-next

5 years agoDocumentation: ARM: List new omap MMC requirements omap-for-v4.3/fixes-rc5
Tony Lindgren [Mon, 12 Oct 2015 23:19:54 +0000 (16:19 -0700)]
Documentation: ARM: List new omap MMC requirements

Earlier the PBIAS regulator was optional, not so with recent
omap_hsmmc changes. To make things easier for people with
custom .config files, let's add minimal documentation for it
as suggested by Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>.

Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agomemory: omap-gpmc: dump "before" state before first modification
Uwe Kleine-König [Tue, 6 Oct 2015 20:07:49 +0000 (22:07 +0200)]
memory: omap-gpmc: dump "before" state before first modification

When gpmc_cs_show_timings is called in gpmc_cs_set_timings()
gpmc_cs_program_settings() was already run which modifies the CONFIG1
register. So to be more useful do the "before" dump earlier.

Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
Acked-by: Roger Quadros <rogerq@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agomemory: omap-gpmc: Fix unselectable debug option for GPMC
Tony Lindgren [Mon, 12 Oct 2015 23:19:54 +0000 (16:19 -0700)]
memory: omap-gpmc: Fix unselectable debug option for GPMC

Commit 63aa945b1013 ("memory: omap-gpmc: Add Kconfig option for debug")
added a debug option for GPMC, but somehow managed to keep it unselectable.

This probably happened because I had some uncommitted changes and the
GPMC option is selected in the platform specific Kconfig.

Let's also update the description a bit, it does not mention that
enabling the debug option also disables the reset of GPMC controller
during the init as pointed out by Uwe Kleine-König
<u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de> and Roger Quadros <rogerq@ti.com>.

Fixes: 63aa945b1013 ("memory: omap-gpmc: Add Kconfig option for debug")
Reported-by: Uwe Kleine-König <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
Acked-by: Roger Quadros <rogerq@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: am57xx-beagle-x15: set VDD_SD to always-on
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 25 Sep 2015 13:02:03 +0000 (16:02 +0300)]
ARM: dts: am57xx-beagle-x15: set VDD_SD to always-on

LDO1 regulator (VDD_SD) is connected to SoC's vddshv8. vddshv8 needs to
be kept always powered (see commit 5a0f93c6576a ("ARM: dts: Add
am57xx-beagle-x15"), but at the moment VDD_SD is enabled/disabled
depending on whether an SD card is inserted or not.

This patch sets LDO1 regulator to always-on.

This patch has a side effect of fixing another issue, HDMI DDC not
working when SD card is not inserted:

Why this happens is that the tpd12s015 (HDMI level shifter/ESD
protection chip) has LS_OE GPIO input, which needs to be enabled for the
HDMI DDC to work. LS_OE comes from gpio6_28. The pin that provides
gpio6_28 is powered by vddshv8, and vddshv8 comes from VDD_SD.

So when SD card is not inserted, VDD_SD is disabled, and LS_OE stays
off.

The proper fix for the HDMI DDC issue would be to maybe have the pinctrl
framework manage the pin specific power.

Apparently this fixes also a third issue (copy paste from Kishon's
patch):

ldo1_reg in addition to being connected to the io lines is also
connected to the card detect line. On card removal, omap_hsmmc
driver does a regulator_disable causing card detect line to be
pulled down. This raises a card insertion interrupt and once the
MMC core detects there is no card inserted, it does a
regulator disable which again raises a card insertion interrupt.
This happens in a loop causing infinite MMC interrupts.

Fixes: 5a0f93c6576a ("ARM: dts: Add am57xx-beagle-x15")
Cc: Kishon Vijay Abraham I <kishon@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reported-by: Louis McCarthy <compeoree@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Nishanth Menon <nm@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agobus: omap-ocp2scp: Fix module alias
Axel Lin [Fri, 25 Sep 2015 00:51:42 +0000 (08:51 +0800)]
bus: omap-ocp2scp: Fix module alias

Remove extra space between platform prefix and driver name in MODULE_ALIAS.

Signed-off-by: Axel Lin <axel.lin@ingics.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: OMAP2+: PM: Denote the cpuidle tracepoints as _rcuidle()
Jisheng Zhang [Fri, 18 Sep 2015 05:41:21 +0000 (13:41 +0800)]
ARM: OMAP2+: PM: Denote the cpuidle tracepoints as _rcuidle()

The cpuidle tracepoints are called within a rcu_idle_exit() section, and
must be denoted with the _rcuidle() version of the tracepoint.

Signed-off-by: Jisheng Zhang <jszhang@marvell.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: DRA74x: Add IOMMU nodes for DSP2
Suman Anna [Fri, 2 Oct 2015 23:23:25 +0000 (18:23 -0500)]
ARM: dts: DRA74x: Add IOMMU nodes for DSP2

The DRA74x family of SoCs have a second DSP, that also has
two MMUs just like the DSP1 subsystem. Add the IOMMU nodes
for this DSP2 subsystem in disabled state to the DRA74x
specific DTS file, the nodes would need to be enabled
appropriately in the respective board DTS files.

Signed-off-by: Suman Anna <s-anna@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: DRA7: Add common IOMMU nodes
Suman Anna [Fri, 2 Oct 2015 23:23:24 +0000 (18:23 -0500)]
ARM: dts: DRA7: Add common IOMMU nodes

The DRA7xx family of SOCs have two IPUs and one DSP processor
subsystems in common. The IOMMU DT nodes have been added for
these processor subsystems, and have been disabled by default.

These MMUs are very similar to those on OMAP4 and OMAP5, with
the only difference being the presence of a second MMU within
the DSP subsystem for the EDMA port. The DSP IOMMUs also need
an additional 'ti,syscon-mmuconfig' property compared to the
IPU IOMMUs.

NOTE: The enabling of these nodes is left to the respective
board dts files.

Signed-off-by: Suman Anna <s-anna@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: DRA74x: Add dsp2_system syscon node
Suman Anna [Fri, 2 Oct 2015 23:23:23 +0000 (18:23 -0500)]
ARM: dts: DRA74x: Add dsp2_system syscon node

The DSP_SYSTEM sub-module is a dedicated system control logic
module present within a DRA7 DSP processor sub-system. This
module is responsible for power management, clock generation
and connection to the device PRCM module.

Add a syscon node for this module for the DSP2 processor
sub-system. This is added as a syscon node as it is a common
configuration module that can be used by the different IOMMU
instances and the corresponding remoteproc device.

The node is added to the dra74x.dtsi file, as the DSP2 processor
subsystem is usually present only on the DRA74x variants of the
DRA7 SoC family.

Signed-off-by: Suman Anna <s-anna@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: DRA7: Add dsp1_system syscon node
Suman Anna [Fri, 2 Oct 2015 23:23:22 +0000 (18:23 -0500)]
ARM: dts: DRA7: Add dsp1_system syscon node

The DSP_SYSTEM sub-module is a dedicated system control logic
module present within a DRA7 DSP processor sub-system. This
module is responsible for power management, clock generation
and connection to the device PRCM module.

Add a syscon node for this module for the DSP1 processor
sub-system. This is added as a syscon node as it is a common
configuration module that can be used by the different IOMMU
instances and the corresponding remoteproc device.

The node is added to the common dra7.dtsi file, as the DSP1
processor sub-system is mostly common across all the variants
of the DRA7 SoC family.

Signed-off-by: Suman Anna <s-anna@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: Use defined GPIO constants in flags cell for OMAP2+ boards
Javier Martinez Canillas [Tue, 6 Oct 2015 09:03:39 +0000 (11:03 +0200)]
ARM: dts: Use defined GPIO constants in flags cell for OMAP2+ boards

Many OMAP2+ DTS are not using the defined constants to express
the GPIO polarity. Replace these so the DTS are easier to read.

Signed-off-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@osg.samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: Add am335x-bonegreen
Robert Nelson [Fri, 25 Sep 2015 15:10:31 +0000 (10:10 -0500)]
ARM: dts: Add am335x-bonegreen

SeeedStudio BeagleBone Green (BBG) is clone of the BeagleBone Black (BBB) minus
the HDMI port and addition of two Grove connectors (i2c2 and usart2).

This board can be identified by the 1A value after A335BNLT (BBB) in the at24 eeprom:
1A: [aa 55 33 ee 41 33 33 35  42 4e 4c 54 1a 00 00 00 |.U3.A335BNLT....|]

http://beagleboard.org/green
http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Beaglebone_green

Signed-off-by: Robert Nelson <robertcnelson@gmail.com>
CC: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
CC: Jason Kridner <jkridner@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: beagle-x15: Enable the system mailboxes 5 and 6
Suman Anna [Fri, 18 Sep 2015 18:16:34 +0000 (13:16 -0500)]
ARM: dts: beagle-x15: Enable the system mailboxes 5 and 6

Enable the System Mailboxes 5 and 6 and the corresponding child
sub-mailbox (IPC 3.x) nodes for the Beagle X15 EVM boards. This
is needed to enable communication with the respective remote
processors IPU1, IPU2, DSP1 and DSP2 from the MPU.

Signed-off-by: Suman Anna <s-anna@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: dra72-evm: Enable the system mailboxes 5 and 6
Suman Anna [Fri, 18 Sep 2015 18:16:33 +0000 (13:16 -0500)]
ARM: dts: dra72-evm: Enable the system mailboxes 5 and 6

Enable the System Mailboxes 5 and 6 and the corresponding
child sub-mailbox (IPC 3.x) nodes for the DRA72 EVM board.
This is needed to enable communication with the respective
remote processors IPU1, IPU2, and DSP1 from the MPU.

Signed-off-by: Suman Anna <s-anna@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: dra7-evm: Enable the system mailboxes 5 and 6
Suman Anna [Fri, 18 Sep 2015 18:16:32 +0000 (13:16 -0500)]
ARM: dts: dra7-evm: Enable the system mailboxes 5 and 6

Enable the System Mailboxes 5 and 6 and the corresponding
child sub-mailbox (IPC 3.x) nodes for the DRA7 EVM board.
This is needed to enable communication with the respective
remote processors IPU1, IPU2, DSP1 and DSP2 from the MPU.

Signed-off-by: Suman Anna <s-anna@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: DRA72x: Add IPC sub-mailbox nodes for IPU1, IPU2 & DSP1
Suman Anna [Fri, 18 Sep 2015 18:16:31 +0000 (13:16 -0500)]
ARM: dts: DRA72x: Add IPC sub-mailbox nodes for IPU1, IPU2 & DSP1

Add the sub-mailbox nodes that are used to communicate between
MPU and the remote processors IPU1, IPU2 and DSP1. These match the
respective node definitions on DRA74x to maintain compatibility for
the equivalent remote processors. There is no DSP2 on DRA72x, and
so the corresponding sub-mailbox node is not added.

These sub-mailbox nodes are added to match the hard-coded mailbox
configuration used within the TI IPC 3.x software package. The
Dual-Cortex M4 IPU1 and IPU2 processor sub-systems are assumed to
be running in SMP-mode, and hence only a single sub-mailbox node
is added for each.

All these sub-mailbox nodes are left in disabled state, and should
be enabled (and modified if needed) as per the individual product
configuration in the corresponding board dts files.

Signed-off-by: Suman Anna <s-anna@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: DRA74x: Add IPC sub-mailbox nodes for all IPUs & DSPs
Suman Anna [Fri, 18 Sep 2015 18:16:30 +0000 (13:16 -0500)]
ARM: dts: DRA74x: Add IPC sub-mailbox nodes for all IPUs & DSPs

Add the sub-mailbox nodes that are used to communicate between
MPU and the remote processors IPU1, IPU2, DSP1 and DSP2.

The sub-mailbox nodes utilize the System Mailbox instances 5 and 6.
These sub-mailbox nodes are added to match the hard-coded mailbox
configuration used within the TI IPC 3.x software package. The
Dual-Cortex M4 IPU1 and IPU2 processor sub-systems are assumed to
be running in SMP-mode, and hence only a single sub-mailbox node
is added for each.

All these sub-mailbox nodes are left in disabled state, and should
be enabled (and modified if needed) as per the individual product
configuration in the corresponding board dts files.

Signed-off-by: Suman Anna <s-anna@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: am335x-wega: Clean up regulators
Teresa Remmet [Thu, 3 Sep 2015 12:00:07 +0000 (14:00 +0200)]
ARM: dts: am335x-wega: Clean up regulators

Cleaned up the regulators on the wega board. Created a simple bus,
renamed the regulators according to the schematics and added missing
regulator on wega.

Signed-off-by: Teresa Remmet <t.remmet@phytec.de>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: dra7-evm: add gpio key support
Grygorii Strashko [Thu, 27 Aug 2015 15:20:47 +0000 (18:20 +0300)]
ARM: dts: dra7-evm: add gpio key support

dra7-evm has 2 gpio keys wired through TS_LCD_GPIO3, TS_LCD_GPIO4
which in turn connected to PCF8575 GPIO pcf_lcd: gpio@20 expander
pins 2 and 3.

Signed-off-by: Grygorii Strashko <grygorii.strashko@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: dra7-evm: add gpio leds support
Grygorii Strashko [Thu, 27 Aug 2015 15:20:46 +0000 (18:20 +0300)]
ARM: dts: dra7-evm: add gpio leds support

dra7-evm has 4 user gpio leds connected to PCF8575 GPIO pcf_lcd:
gpio@20 expander pins [4,5,6,7], so add corresponding DT nodes.

Do not enable any triggers by default as not all of them are proved
to work on -RT.

Signed-off-by: Grygorii Strashko <grygorii.strashko@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: dra7-evm: add pcf8575 gpio expander (i2c1 addr 20)
Grygorii Strashko [Thu, 27 Aug 2015 15:20:45 +0000 (18:20 +0300)]
ARM: dts: dra7-evm: add pcf8575 gpio expander (i2c1 addr 20)

This patch adds DT definition for CF8575 GPIO pcf_lcd: gpio@20
expander which is connected to i2c bus 1 and has slave address 0x20.
It allows to control:
- tc_lcd gpios, pins p0-p3
- user leds, pins p4-p7
- control LCD panel power, p15

PCF8575 GPIO pcf_lcd: gpio@20 expander supports interrupt controller
functionality and its INT line is connected to dra7 GPIO6.11 pin.

Cc: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Grygorii Strashko <grygorii.strashko@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: am57xx-beagle-x15: Enable analog audio support
Peter Ujfalusi [Mon, 24 Aug 2015 07:20:07 +0000 (10:20 +0300)]
ARM: dts: am57xx-beagle-x15: Enable analog audio support

The analog audio setup consists of:
McASP3 <-> tlv320aic3104 codec

Signed-off-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: am57xx-beagle-x15: Add fixed regulator for aic3104's DVDD
Peter Ujfalusi [Mon, 24 Aug 2015 07:20:06 +0000 (10:20 +0300)]
ARM: dts: am57xx-beagle-x15: Add fixed regulator for aic3104's DVDD

The DVDD is supplied via TPS77018DBVT fixed regulator from vdd_3v3

Signed-off-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: dra72-evm: Audio support
Peter Ujfalusi [Mon, 24 Aug 2015 07:20:05 +0000 (10:20 +0300)]
ARM: dts: dra72-evm: Audio support

The board uses tlv320aic3106 codec connected to McASP3. The master clock
for the codec and McASP3 is coming from ATL2.
McASP3 is the master on the I2S bus.

Signed-off-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: dra72-evm: Add gpio hog for vin6_sel_s0 to select audio
Peter Ujfalusi [Mon, 24 Aug 2015 07:20:04 +0000 (10:20 +0300)]
ARM: dts: dra72-evm: Add gpio hog for vin6_sel_s0 to select audio

The GPIO expander's p1 on i2c5 bus 0x26 address is used for selecting
between audio and VIN6 functionality. For VIN6 use an add on card is
needed while audio is present on the board itself.
Select the audio functionality over the VIN6 in the dts file.

Signed-off-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: dra72-evm: Add fixed regulator representing DVDD supply for aic3106
Peter Ujfalusi [Mon, 24 Aug 2015 07:20:03 +0000 (10:20 +0300)]
ARM: dts: dra72-evm: Add fixed regulator representing DVDD supply for aic3106

The DVDD is supplied via TPS77018DBVT fixed regulator from evm_3v3

Signed-off-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Darren Etheridge <detheridge@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: dra7-evm: Audio support
Peter Ujfalusi [Mon, 24 Aug 2015 07:20:02 +0000 (10:20 +0300)]
ARM: dts: dra7-evm: Audio support

The board uses tlv320aic3106 codec connected to McASP3. The master clock
for the codec and McASP3 is coming from ATL2.
McASP3 is the master on the I2S bus.

Signed-off-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: dra7-evm: Enable pcf8575 (0x26 address) on i2c2 bus
Peter Ujfalusi [Mon, 24 Aug 2015 07:20:01 +0000 (10:20 +0300)]
ARM: dts: dra7-evm: Enable pcf8575 (0x26 address) on i2c2 bus

This GPIO expander is used for controlling various muxes on the board.
By default select audio functionality over VIN6 by setting the P1
(vin6_sel_s0) pin to low.

Signed-off-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: dra7-evm: Add fixed regulator to be used by aic3106's DVDD
Peter Ujfalusi [Mon, 24 Aug 2015 07:20:00 +0000 (10:20 +0300)]
ARM: dts: dra7-evm: Add fixed regulator to be used by aic3106's DVDD

TPS77018DBVT is used to create 1.8V from avm_3v3_sw's 3.3V connected to
aic3106's DVDD.

Signed-off-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: dra7-evm: Rename mmc2_3v3 supply to evm_3v3_sw
Peter Ujfalusi [Mon, 24 Aug 2015 07:19:59 +0000 (10:19 +0300)]
ARM: dts: dra7-evm: Rename mmc2_3v3 supply to evm_3v3_sw

Use the name for the supply as it is in the schematics since the same
supply is used for other peripherals than MMC2, like audio.

Signed-off-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: dra7: Add McASP3 node
Peter Ujfalusi [Mon, 24 Aug 2015 07:19:58 +0000 (10:19 +0300)]
ARM: dts: dra7: Add McASP3 node

Signed-off-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: dts: am437x-gp-evm: Add DCAN sleep pins
Roger Quadros [Tue, 18 Aug 2015 14:01:57 +0000 (17:01 +0300)]
ARM: dts: am437x-gp-evm: Add DCAN sleep pins

Add DCAN sleep pins to save some power during suspend.

Signed-off-by: Roger Quadros <rogerq@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: OMAP2+: Remove unneeded semicolons
Javier Martinez Canillas [Thu, 17 Sep 2015 13:38:05 +0000 (15:38 +0200)]
ARM: OMAP2+: Remove unneeded semicolons

Remove the unneded semicolons since they are clearly a typo error.

Signed-off-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@osg.samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: OMAP3: vc: Remove unused macros
Javier Martinez Canillas [Thu, 17 Sep 2015 13:24:14 +0000 (15:24 +0200)]
ARM: OMAP3: vc: Remove unused macros

The PRM_POLCTRL_TWL_MASK and PRM_POLCTRL_TWL_MASK
macros are not used so they can be deleted.

Signed-off-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@osg.samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: OMAP1: Remove board support for VoiceBlue board
Ladislav Michl [Thu, 13 Aug 2015 20:47:18 +0000 (22:47 +0200)]
ARM: OMAP1: Remove board support for VoiceBlue board

Remove board support files for 10 years discontinued VoiceBlue board.

Signed-off-by: Ladislav Michl <ladis@linux-mips.org>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoARM: OMAP2+: Remove legacy OMAP3 ISP instantiation
Laurent Pinchart [Thu, 16 Jul 2015 12:55:18 +0000 (15:55 +0300)]
ARM: OMAP2+: Remove legacy OMAP3 ISP instantiation

The OMAP3 ISP is now fully supported in DT, remove its instantiation
from C code.

Signed-off-by: Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoLinux 4.3-rc5
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Oct 2015 18:09:45 +0000 (11:09 -0700)]
Linux 4.3-rc5

5 years agoMerge branch 'sched-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Oct 2015 17:24:32 +0000 (10:24 -0700)]
Merge branch 'sched-urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull scheduler fix from Thomas Gleixner:
 "Fix a long standing state race in finish_task_switch()"

* 'sched-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  sched/core: Fix TASK_DEAD race in finish_task_switch()

5 years agoMerge branch 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Oct 2015 17:23:52 +0000 (10:23 -0700)]
Merge branch 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull perf fix from Thomas Glexiner:
 "Fix build breakage on powerpc in perf tools"

* 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  perf tools: Fix build break on powerpc due to sample_reg_masks

5 years agoMerge branch 'x86-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Oct 2015 17:23:00 +0000 (10:23 -0700)]
Merge branch 'x86-urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull maintainer email update from Thomas Gleixner:
 "Change Matt Fleming's email address in the maintainers file"

* 'x86-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  MAINTAINERS: Change Matt Fleming's email address

5 years agoMerge branch 'irq-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Oct 2015 17:16:59 +0000 (10:16 -0700)]
Merge branch 'irq-urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull irq fixes from Thomas Gleixner:
 "Three trivial commits:

   - Fix a kerneldoc regression

   - Export handle_bad_irq to unbreak a driver in next

   - Add an accessor for the of_node field so refactoring in next does
     not depend on merge ordering"

* 'irq-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip:
  irqdomain: Add an accessor for the of_node field
  genirq: Fix handle_bad_irq kerneldoc comment
  genirq: Export handle_bad_irq

5 years agoMerge tag 'scsi-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Oct 2015 17:02:30 +0000 (10:02 -0700)]
Merge tag 'scsi-fixes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi

Pull SCSI fixes from James Bottomley:
 "This is a set of three bug fixes, two of which are regressions from
  recent updates (the 3ware one from 4.1 and the device handler fixes
  from 4.2)"

* tag 'scsi-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi:
  3w-9xxx: don't unmap bounce buffered commands
  scsi_dh: Use the correct module name when loading device handler
  libiscsi: Fix iscsi_check_transport_timeouts possible infinite loop

5 years agoMerge tag 'md/4.3-rc4-fix' of git://neil.brown.name/md
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 11 Oct 2015 16:35:51 +0000 (09:35 -0700)]
Merge tag 'md/4.3-rc4-fix' of git://neil.brown.name/md

Pull md bugfix from Neil Brown:
 "One bug fix for raid1/raid10.

  Very careless bug earler in 4.3-rc, now fixed :-)"

* tag 'md/4.3-rc4-fix' of git://neil.brown.name/md:
  crash in md-raid1 and md-raid10 due to incorrect list manipulation

5 years agoMAINTAINERS: Change Matt Fleming's email address
Matt Fleming [Sat, 10 Oct 2015 16:22:16 +0000 (17:22 +0100)]
MAINTAINERS: Change Matt Fleming's email address

My Intel email address will soon expire. Replace it with my
personal address so people still know where to send patches.

Signed-off-by: Matt Fleming <matt.fleming@intel.com>
Cc: H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <peterz@infradead.org>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Link: http://lkml.kernel.org/r/1444494136-10333-1-git-send-email-matt@codeblueprint.co.uk
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org>
5 years agoMerge tag 'usb-4.3-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Oct 2015 18:17:45 +0000 (11:17 -0700)]
Merge tag 'usb-4.3-rc5' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb

Pull USB fixes from Greg KH:
 "Here are some small USB and PHY fixes and quirk updates for 4.3-rc5.

  Nothing major here, full details in the shortlog, and all of these
  have been in linux-next for a while"

* tag 'usb-4.3-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb:
  usb: Add device quirk for Logitech PTZ cameras
  USB: chaoskey read offset bug
  USB: Add reset-resume quirk for two Plantronics usb headphones.
  usb: renesas_usbhs: Add support for R-Car H3
  usb: renesas_usbhs: fix build warning if 64-bit architecture
  usb: gadget: bdc: fix memory leak
  phy: berlin-sata: Fix module autoload for OF platform driver
  phy: rockchip-usb: power down phy when rockchip phy probe
  phy: qcom-ufs: fix build error when the component is built as a module

5 years agoMerge tag 'tty-4.3-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Oct 2015 18:09:55 +0000 (11:09 -0700)]
Merge tag 'tty-4.3-rc5' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty

Pull tty/serial driver fixes from Greg KH:
 "Here are a few bug fixes for the tty core that resolve reported
  issues, and some serial driver fixes as well (including the
  much-reported imx driver problem)

  All of these have been in linux-next with no reported problems"

* tag 'tty-4.3-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty:
  drivers/tty: require read access for controlling terminal
  serial: 8250: add uart_config entry for PORT_RT2880
  tty: fix data race on tty_buffer.commit
  tty: fix data race in tty_buffer_flush
  tty: fix data race in flush_to_ldisc
  tty: fix stall caused by missing memory barrier in drivers/tty/n_tty.c
  serial: atmel: fix error path of probe function
  tty: don't leak cdev in tty_cdev_add()
  Revert "serial: imx: remove unbalanced clk_prepare"

5 years agoMerge tag 'staging-4.3-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Oct 2015 18:03:31 +0000 (11:03 -0700)]
Merge tag 'staging-4.3-rc5' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging

Pull staging fixes from Greg KH:
 "Here are two tiny staging tree fixes for 4.3-rc5.

  One fixes the broken speakup subsystem as reported by a user, and the
  other removes an entry in the MAINTAINERS file for a developer that
  doesn't want to be listed anymore"

* tag 'staging-4.3-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging:
  staging: speakup: fix speakup-r regression
  MAINTAINERS: Remove myself as nvec co-maintainer

5 years agoMerge tag 'char-misc-4.3-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Oct 2015 17:58:27 +0000 (10:58 -0700)]
Merge tag 'char-misc-4.3-rc5' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/char-misc

Pull char/misc driver fixes from Greg KH:
 "Here are some small fixes for some misc drivers that resolve some
  reported issues.  All of these have been linux-next for a while"

* tag 'char-misc-4.3-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/char-misc:
  mcb: Fix error handling in mcb_pci_probe()
  mei: hbm: fix error in state check logic
  nvmem: sunxi: Check for memory allocation failure
  nvmem: core: Fix memory leak in nvmem_cell_write
  nvmem: core: Handle shift bits in-place if cell->nbits is non-zero
  nvmem: core: fix the out-of-range leak in read/write()

5 years agoMerge git://git.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/ralf/upstream-linus
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Oct 2015 17:51:55 +0000 (10:51 -0700)]
Merge git://git.linux-mips.org/ralf/upstream-linus

Pull MIPS fixes from Ralf Baechle:

 - MIPS didn't define the new ioremap_uc.  Defined it as an alias for
   ioremap_uncached.

 - Replace workaround for MIPS16 build issue with a correct one.

* git://git.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/ralf/upstream-linus:
  MIPS: Define ioremap_uc
  MIPS: UAPI: Ignore __arch_swab{16,32,64} when using MIPS16
  Revert "MIPS: UAPI: Fix unrecognized opcode WSBH/DSBH/DSHD when using MIPS16."

5 years agoMerge branch 'stable/for-linus-4.3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Oct 2015 17:31:13 +0000 (10:31 -0700)]
Merge branch 'stable/for-linus-4.3' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/konrad/swiotlb

Pull swiotlb fixlet from Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk:
 "Enable the SWIOTLB under 32-bit PAE kernels.

  Nowadays most distros enable this due to CONFIG_HYPERVISOR|XEN=y which
  select SWIOTLB.  But for those that are not interested in
  virtualization and wanting to use 32-bit PAE kernels and wanting to
  have working DMA operations - this configures it for them"

* 'stable/for-linus-4.3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/swiotlb:
  swiotlb: Enable it under x86 PAE

5 years agonamei: results of d_is_negative() should be checked after dentry revalidation
Trond Myklebust [Fri, 9 Oct 2015 17:44:34 +0000 (13:44 -0400)]
namei: results of d_is_negative() should be checked after dentry revalidation

Leandro Awa writes:
 "After switching to version 4.1.6, our parallelized and distributed
  workflows now fail consistently with errors of the form:

  T34: ./regex.c:39:22: error: config.h: No such file or directory

  From our 'git bisect' testing, the following commit appears to be the
  possible cause of the behavior we've been seeing: commit 766c4cbfacd8"

Al Viro says:
 "What happens is that 766c4cbfacd8 got the things subtly wrong.

  We used to treat d_is_negative() after lookup_fast() as "fall with
  ENOENT".  That was wrong - checking ->d_flags outside of ->d_seq
  protection is unreliable and failing with hard error on what should've
  fallen back to non-RCU pathname resolution is a bug.

  Unfortunately, we'd pulled the test too far up and ran afoul of
  another kind of staleness.  The dentry might have been absolutely
  stable from the RCU point of view (and we might be on UP, etc), but
  stale from the remote fs point of view.  If ->d_revalidate() returns
  "it's actually stale", dentry gets thrown away and the original code
  wouldn't even have looked at its ->d_flags.

  What we need is to check ->d_flags where 766c4cbfacd8 does (prior to
  ->d_seq validation) but only use the result in cases where we do not
  discard this dentry outright"

Reported-by: Leandro Awa <lawa@nvidia.com>
Link: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104911
Fixes: 766c4cbfacd8 ("namei: d_is_negative() should be checked...")
Tested-by: Leandro Awa <lawa@nvidia.com>
Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org # v4.1+
Signed-off-by: Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@primarydata.com>
Acked-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
5 years agoMerge tag 'pm+acpi-4.3-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Oct 2015 01:39:04 +0000 (18:39 -0700)]
Merge tag 'pm+acpi-4.3-rc5' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm

Pull power management and ACPI fixes from Rafael Wysocki:
 "These are four fixes for bugs in the devfreq and cpufreq subsystems,
  including two regression fixes (one for a recent regression and one
  for a problem introduced in 4.2).

  Specifics:

   - Two fixes for cpufreq regressions, an acpi-cpufreq driver one
     introduced during the 4.2 cycle when we started to preserve cpufreq
     directories for offline CPUs and a general one introduced recently
     (Srinivas Pandruvada).

   - Two devfreq fixes, one for a double kfree() in an error code path
     and one for a confusing sysfs-related failure (Geliang Tang, Tobias
     Jakobi)"

* tag 'pm+acpi-4.3-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm:
  cpufreq: prevent lockup on reading scaling_available_frequencies
  cpufreq: acpi_cpufreq: prevent crash on reading freqdomain_cpus
  PM / devfreq: fix double kfree
  PM / devfreq: Fix governor_store()

5 years agoMerge branch 'strscpy' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Oct 2015 01:01:26 +0000 (18:01 -0700)]
Merge branch 'strscpy' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf/linux-tile

Pull strscpy powerpc fix from Chris Metcalf.

Fix powerpc big-endian build.

* 'strscpy' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf/linux-tile:
  arch/powerpc: provide zero_bytemask() for big-endian

5 years agoMerge tag 'sound-4.3-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Oct 2015 00:56:00 +0000 (17:56 -0700)]
Merge tag 'sound-4.3-rc5' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound

Pull sound fixes from Takashi Iwai:
 "We see various small fixes, but nothing looks too scary, all are small
  gentle bug fixes:

   - Most of changes are for ASoC codecs: Realtek, SGTL5000, TAS2552,
     TLV320, WM8962

   - A couple of dwc and imx-ssi fixes

   - Usual oneliner HD-audio quirks

   - An old emux synth code fix"

* tag 'sound-4.3-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound:
  MAINTAINERS: Remove wm97xx entry
  ASoC: tas2552: fix dBscale-min declaration
  ALSA: synth: Fix conflicting OSS device registration on AWE32
  ALSA: hda - Disable power_save_node for IDT 92HD73xx chips
  ALSA: hda - Apply SPDIF pin ctl to MacBookPro 12,1
  ALSA: hda: Add dock support for ThinkPad T550
  ASoC: dwc: fix dma stop transferring issue
  ASoC: dwc: correct irq clear method
  ASoC: tlv320aic3x: Prevent writing reserved registers on tlv320aic3104 CODECs
  ASoC: rt5645: Correct the naming and setting of ADC Boost Volume Control
  ASoC: sgtl5000: fix wrong register MIC_BIAS_VOLTAGE setup on probe
  ASoC: wm8962: balance pm_runtime_enable
  ASoC: imx-ssi: Fix DAI hardware signal inversions
  ASoC: sgtl5000: fix error message output for MicBias voltage
  ASoC: db1200: Fix DAI link format for db1300 and db1550

5 years agoMerge tag 'clk-fixes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Oct 2015 00:33:15 +0000 (17:33 -0700)]
Merge tag 'clk-fixes-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/clk/linux

Pull clk fixes from Stephen Boyd:
 "A Samsung driver fix and a handful of TI driver fixes"

* tag 'clk-fixes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/clk/linux:
  clk: ti: dflt: fix enable_reg validity check
  clk: ti: fix dual-registration of uart4_ick
  clk: ti: clk-7xx: Remove hardwired ABE clock configuration
  clk: samsung: fix cpu clock's flags checking

5 years agoMerge tag 'mmc-v4.3-rc4' of git://git.linaro.org/people/ulf.hansson/mmc
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 10 Oct 2015 00:25:26 +0000 (17:25 -0700)]
Merge tag 'mmc-v4.3-rc4' of git://git.linaro.org/people/ulf.hansson/mmc

Pull MMC fixes from Ulf Hansson:
 "MMC host:
   - omap_hsmmc: Fix boot regressions for omap4430
   - omap_hsmmc: Fix legacy boot regression for omap3
   - sdhci-pxav3: Fix some clock issues for Armada 38x
   - sdhci-pxav3: Fix error handling at probe
   - sdhci-of-at91: Fix clock stabilization problem"

* tag 'mmc-v4.3-rc4' of git://git.linaro.org/people/ulf.hansson/mmc:
  mmc: sdhci-of-at91: use SDHCI_QUIRK2_NEED_DELAY_AFTER_INT_CLK_RST quirk
  mmc: sdhci: add quirk SDHCI_QUIRK2_NEED_DELAY_AFTER_INT_CLK_RST
  mmc: sdhci-pxav3: fix error handling of armada_38x_quirks
  mmc: sdhci-pxav3: disable clock inversion for HS MMC cards
  mmc: sdhci-pxav3: remove broken clock base quirk for Armada 38x sdhci driver
  mmc: host: omap_hsmmc: Fix MMC for omap3 legacy booting
  Revert "mmc: host: omap_hsmmc: use regulator_is_enabled to find pbias status"

5 years agoMerge tag 'dm-4.3-fixes-2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/device...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 9 Oct 2015 23:58:11 +0000 (16:58 -0700)]
Merge tag 'dm-4.3-fixes-2' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/device-mapper/linux-dm

Pull dm fixes from Mike Snitzer:
 "Three stable fixes:

   - DM core AB-BA deadlock fix in the device destruction path (vs
     device creation's DM table swap).

   - DM raid fix to properly round up the region_size to the next
     power-of-2.

   - DM cache fix for a NULL pointer seen while switching from the
     "cleaner" cache policy.

  Two fixes for regressions introduced during the 4.3 merge:

   - request-based DM error propagation regressed due to incorrect
     changes introduced when adding the bi_error field to bio.

   - DM snapshot fix to only support snapshots that overflow if the
     client (e.g. lvm2) is prepared to deal with the associated
     snapshot status interface change"

* tag 'dm-4.3-fixes-2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/device-mapper/linux-dm:
  dm snapshot: add new persistent store option to support overflow
  dm cache: fix NULL pointer when switching from cleaner policy
  dm: fix request-based dm error reporting
  dm raid: fix round up of default region size
  dm: fix AB-BA deadlock in __dm_destroy()

5 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus-4.3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 9 Oct 2015 23:39:35 +0000 (16:39 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus-4.3' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/mason/linux-btrfs

Pull btrfs fixes from Chris Mason:
 "These are small and assorted.  Neil's is the oldest, I dropped the
  ball thinking he was going to send it in"

* 'for-linus-4.3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/linux-btrfs:
  Btrfs: support NFSv2 export
  Btrfs: open_ctree: Fix possible memory leak
  Btrfs: fix deadlock when finalizing block group creation
  Btrfs: update fix for read corruption of compressed and shared extents
  Btrfs: send, fix corner case for reference overwrite detection

5 years agoMerge tag 'nfsd-4.3-1' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 9 Oct 2015 23:34:45 +0000 (16:34 -0700)]
Merge tag 'nfsd-4.3-1' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux

Pull nfsd bugfix from Bruce Fields:
 "Just one RDMA bugfix"

* tag 'nfsd-4.3-1' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux:
  svcrdma: handle rdma read with a non-zero initial page offset

5 years agoMerge tag 'fixes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 9 Oct 2015 22:54:14 +0000 (15:54 -0700)]
Merge tag 'fixes-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc

Pull ARM SoC fixes from Arnd Bergmann:
 "The fixes for this week include one small patch that was years in the
  making and that finally fixes using all eight CPUs on exynos542x.

  The rest are lots of minor changes for sunxi, imx, exynos and shmobile

   - fixing the minimum voltage for Allwinner A20
   - thermal boot issue on SMDK5250.
   - invalid clock used for FIMD IOMMU.
   - audio on Renesas r8a7790/r8a7791
   - invalid clock used for FIMD IOMMU
   - LEDs on exynos5422-odroidxu3-common
   - usb pin control for imx-rex
   - imx53: fix PMIC interrupt level
   - a Makefile typo"

* tag 'fixes-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arm/arm-soc:
  ARM: dts: Fix wrong clock binding for sysmmu_fimd1_1 on exynos5420
  ARM: dts: Fix bootup thermal issue on smdk5250
  ARM: shmobile: r8a7791 dtsi: Add CPG/MSTP Clock Domain for sound
  ARM: shmobile: r8a7790 dtsi: Add CPG/MSTP Clock Domain for sound
  arm-cci500: Don't enable PMU driver by default
  ARM: dts: fix usb pin control for imx-rex dts
  ARM: imx53: qsrb: fix PMIC interrupt level
  ARM: imx53: include IRQ dt-bindings header
  ARM: dts: add suspend opp to exynos4412
  ARM: dts: Fix LEDs on exynos5422-odroidxu3
  ARM: EXYNOS: reset Little cores when cpu is up
  ARM: dts: Fix Makefile target for sun4i-a10-itead-iteaduino-plus
  ARM: dts: sunxi: Raise minimum CPU voltage for sun7i-a20 to meet SoC specifications

5 years agodm snapshot: add new persistent store option to support overflow
Mike Snitzer [Thu, 8 Oct 2015 22:05:41 +0000 (18:05 -0400)]
dm snapshot: add new persistent store option to support overflow

Commit 76c44f6d80 introduced the possibly for "Overflow" to be reported
by the snapshot device's status.  Older userspace (e.g. lvm2) does not
handle the "Overflow" status response.

Fix this incompatibility by requiring newer userspace code, that can
cope with "Overflow", request the persistent store with overflow support
by using "PO" (Persistent with Overflow) for the snapshot store type.

Reported-by: Zdenek Kabelac <zkabelac@redhat.com>
Fixes: 76c44f6d80 ("dm snapshot: don't invalidate on-disk image on snapshot write overflow")
Reviewed-by: Mikulas Patocka <mpatocka@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Mike Snitzer <snitzer@redhat.com>
5 years agoMerge branches 'pm-devfreq' and 'pm-cpufreq'
Rafael J. Wysocki [Fri, 9 Oct 2015 20:13:30 +0000 (22:13 +0200)]
Merge branches 'pm-devfreq' and 'pm-cpufreq'

* pm-devfreq:
  PM / devfreq: fix double kfree
  PM / devfreq: Fix governor_store()

* pm-cpufreq:
  cpufreq: prevent lockup on reading scaling_available_frequencies
  cpufreq: acpi_cpufreq: prevent crash on reading freqdomain_cpus

5 years agoirqdomain: Add an accessor for the of_node field
Marc Zyngier [Fri, 9 Oct 2015 14:50:11 +0000 (15:50 +0100)]
irqdomain: Add an accessor for the of_node field

As we're about to remove the of_node field from the irqdomain
structure, introduce an accessor for it. Subsequent patches
will take care of the actual repainting.

Signed-off-by: Marc Zyngier <marc.zyngier@arm.com>
Cc: Jiang Liu <jiang.liu@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Jason Cooper <jason@lakedaemon.net>
Link: http://lkml.kernel.org/r/1444402211-1141-1-git-send-email-marc.zyngier@arm.com
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>