pandora-kernel.git
11 years agoASoC: tlv320dac33: Lower the OSC calibration time
Peter Ujfalusi [Tue, 12 Apr 2011 06:09:17 +0000 (09:09 +0300)]
ASoC: tlv320dac33: Lower the OSC calibration time

To get correct calibration, we can decrease the time
needed for the OSC to calibrate itself.
With this change we can save ~15ms in the OSC
calibration phase.

Signed-off-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@nokia.com>
Acked-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: tlv320dac33: Move codec power up to DAPM
Peter Ujfalusi [Thu, 24 Mar 2011 07:11:49 +0000 (09:11 +0200)]
ASoC: tlv320dac33: Move codec power up to DAPM

Move the codec power on (in reg 0x01, bit 4) from
set_bias_level:SND_SOC_BIAS_ON to a DAPM supply.
In this way we can be sure, that all the things within
the codec is powered before the external amp is
going to be enabled.

Signed-off-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@nokia.com>
Acked-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Support !REGULATOR build for sgtl5000
Mark Brown [Tue, 22 Mar 2011 12:02:33 +0000 (12:02 +0000)]
ASoC: Support !REGULATOR build for sgtl5000

The regulator is optional depending on board design.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Remove bogus check for register validity in debugfs write
Mark Brown [Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:18:53 +0000 (18:18 +0000)]
ASoC: Remove bogus check for register validity in debugfs write

Since not all registers need to be cached and the cache is entirely
optional anyway we shouldn't be checking that a register is in the
cached range. If the register is invalid then the actual I/O code
can determine that and report an error.

Similarly, the step size can and should be enforced by the lower level
code if it's important.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoMerge branch 'topic/asoc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai...
Mark Brown [Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:51:13 +0000 (10:51 +0000)]
Merge branch 'topic/asoc' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6 into for-2.6.39

11 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.39' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lrg/asoc...
Takashi Iwai [Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:14:46 +0000 (12:14 +0100)]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.39' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/lrg/asoc-2.6 into topic/asoc

11 years agoASoC: mini2440: Fix uda134x codec problem.
Marek Belisko [Wed, 9 Mar 2011 20:46:20 +0000 (21:46 +0100)]
ASoC: mini2440: Fix uda134x codec problem.

ASoC audio for mini2440 platform in current kenrel doesn't work.
First problem is samsung_asoc_dma device is missing in initialization.
Next problem is with codec. Codec is initialized but never probed
because no platform_device exist for codec driver. It leads to errors
during codec binding to asoc dai. Next problem was platform data which
was passed from board to asoc main driver but not passed to codec when
called codec_soc_probe().

Following patch should fix issues. But not sure if in correct way.
Please review.

Signed-off-by: Marek Belisko <marek.belisko@open-nandra.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
11 years agoASoC: Fix spacing in MAX8950
Mark Brown [Fri, 11 Mar 2011 12:07:31 +0000 (12:07 +0000)]
ASoC: Fix spacing in MAX8950

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
11 years agoASoC: PXA: Z2: Fix codec pin name
Vasily Khoruzhick [Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:05:38 +0000 (11:05 +0200)]
ASoC: PXA: Z2: Fix codec pin name

MONO was renamed to MONO1.

Signed-off-by: Vasily Khoruzhick <anarsoul@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
11 years agoASoC: PXA: z2: Mute internal speaker when headphones are connected
Vasily Khoruzhick [Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:05:37 +0000 (11:05 +0200)]
ASoC: PXA: z2: Mute internal speaker when headphones are connected

Signed-off-by: Vasily Khoruzhick <anarsoul@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Add MAX9850 codec driver
Christian Glindkamp [Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:20:04 +0000 (11:20 +0100)]
ASoC: Add MAX9850 codec driver

This patch adds ASoC support for the MAX9850 codec with headphone
amplifier.

Supported features:
- Playback
- 16, 20 and 24 bit audio
- 8k - 48k sample rates
- DAPM

Signed-off-by: Christian Glindkamp <christian.glindkamp@taskit.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoALSA: Add snd_ctl_activate_id()
Takashi Iwai [Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:09:01 +0000 (16:09 +0200)]
ALSA: Add snd_ctl_activate_id()

Added a new API function snd_ctl_activate_id() for activate / inactivate
the control element dynamically.

Signed-off-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.38' into for-2.6.39
Mark Brown [Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:16:35 +0000 (14:16 +0000)]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.38' into for-2.6.39

11 years agoASoC: Ensure WM8958 gets all WM8994 late revision widgets
Mark Brown [Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:10:15 +0000 (19:10 +0000)]
ASoC: Ensure WM8958 gets all WM8994 late revision widgets

Without this fix the driver won't instantiate properly on relevant
devices.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
11 years agoASoC: Fix typo in late revision WM8994 DAC2R name
Mark Brown [Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:09:17 +0000 (19:09 +0000)]
ASoC: Fix typo in late revision WM8994 DAC2R name

Without this fix the driver won't instantiate properly on relevant
devices.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
11 years agoASoC: Enable 192kHz sample rate for EP93xx.
Alexander Sverdlin [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 17:30:12 +0000 (20:30 +0300)]
ASoC: Enable 192kHz sample rate for EP93xx.

Enable 192kHz sample rate for EP93xx.

Signed-off-by: Alexander Sverdlin <subaparts@yandex.ru>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Improve EP93xx I2S clocks management.
Alexander Sverdlin [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 17:30:36 +0000 (20:30 +0300)]
ASoC: Improve EP93xx I2S clocks management.

Improve EP93xx I2S clocks management.
Some freqs values are set not exact as they requested for MCLK and
original code was not able to find divisors for SCLK and LRCLK.
This code just picks up nearest value from 3 possible variants.
This patch makes 44100 and 192000 rates working and fixes
capture function (by selecting SCLK/LRCLK=64 where possible).
All other rates should work as before.

Signed-off-by: Alexander Sverdlin <subaparts@yandex.ru>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: EDB93xx: Manage I2S rates according to datasheet for CS4271 CODEC.
Alexander Sverdlin [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 17:29:53 +0000 (20:29 +0300)]
ASoC: EDB93xx: Manage I2S rates according to datasheet for CS4271 CODEC.

Manage I2S rates according to datasheet for CS4271 CODEC in EDB93xx
machine driver.

Signed-off-by: Alexander Sverdlin <subaparts@yandex.ru>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Manage mode and rate bits correctly for CS4271 CODEC.
Alexander Sverdlin [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 17:29:45 +0000 (20:29 +0300)]
ASoC: Manage mode and rate bits correctly for CS4271 CODEC.

Manage mode and rate bits correctly, according to datasheet in CS4271 CODEC.
This is done to make capture work properly.

Signed-off-by: Alexander Sverdlin <subaparts@yandex.ru>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.38' into for-2.6.39
Mark Brown [Wed, 9 Mar 2011 12:37:42 +0000 (12:37 +0000)]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.38' into for-2.6.39

Conflicts:
sound/soc/codecs/wm8978.c
sound/soc/soc-dapm.c

11 years agoASoC: Fix double addition of prefixes due to widget prefixing
Mark Brown [Wed, 9 Mar 2011 11:33:09 +0000 (11:33 +0000)]
ASoC: Fix double addition of prefixes due to widget prefixing

We're not only prefixing all controls, we're also prefixing the widget
names in the runtime data. This causes us to add the prefix twice - once
when using the widget name to generate the control name and once when
adding the control.

Really we shouldn't be prefixing the widget names at all, the matching
code should be handing this as we always know which DAPM context a
widget came from and always display the widget name in terms of a DAPM
context.  However, we're quite close to the merge window and that's
relatively invasive.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Reported-by: Jarkko Nikula <jhnikula@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Jarkko Nikula <jhnikula@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
11 years agoASoC: Use the correct DAPM context when cleaning up final widget set
Mark Brown [Tue, 8 Mar 2011 19:29:53 +0000 (19:29 +0000)]
ASoC: Use the correct DAPM context when cleaning up final widget set

Now we've got multi-component we need to make sure that the DAPM context
(and hence register I/O context) we use to apply the pending updates at
the end of a DAPM sequence is the one we were processing rather than the
one that was used to initate the state change.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Fix broken bitfield definitions in WM8978
Mark Brown [Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:01:18 +0000 (11:01 +0000)]
ASoC: Fix broken bitfield definitions in WM8978

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
11 years agoASoC: Simplify WM9081 speaker startup by using widgets for spaker output
Mark Brown [Tue, 8 Mar 2011 18:52:08 +0000 (18:52 +0000)]
ASoC: Simplify WM9081 speaker startup by using widgets for spaker output

Now we have a register write minimisation code in DAPM we don't need to
worry about the ordering of the enable and disable of the PGA and the
output stage.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: omap: rx51: Enable McBSP2 sidetone
Jarkko Nikula [Wed, 9 Mar 2011 09:25:00 +0000 (11:25 +0200)]
ASoC: omap: rx51: Enable McBSP2 sidetone

McBSP sidetone is needed in telephony applications. McBSP sidetone is a
configurable FIR filter that forms a loopback from McBSP input to output.
This patch enables the McBSP2 sidetone ALSA controls so that it can be used
on Nokia RX-51/N900.

Sidetone feature can be tested with following commands:

(set up codec input and output paths)
# Enable and configure sidetone
amixer -D hw:0 set 'McBSP2 Sidetone' on
amixer set -D hw:0 'McBSP2 Sidetone Channel 0' 32767
echo 32767 >/sys/devices/platform/omap-mcbsp.2/st_taps
# Do not loop audio via CPU
arecord -f dat >/dev/null |aplay /dev/zero

Signed-off-by: Jarkko Nikula <jhnikula@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: sgtl5000: use after free in ldo_regulator_register()
Dan Carpenter [Tue, 8 Mar 2011 11:39:24 +0000 (14:39 +0300)]
ASoC: sgtl5000: use after free in ldo_regulator_register()

The "ldo" variable was dereferenced after free on the error path.

Signed-off-by: Dan Carpenter <error27@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Fix prefixing of DAPM controls by factoring prefix into snd_soc_cnew()
Mark Brown [Tue, 8 Mar 2011 17:23:24 +0000 (17:23 +0000)]
ASoC: Fix prefixing of DAPM controls by factoring prefix into snd_soc_cnew()

Currently will ignore prefixes when creating DAPM controls. Since currently
all control creation goes through snd_soc_cnew() we can fix this by factoring
the prefixing into that function.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
11 years agoASoC: Warn rather than set a silly constraint when we can't do symmetry
Mark Brown [Tue, 8 Mar 2011 00:17:56 +0000 (00:17 +0000)]
ASoC: Warn rather than set a silly constraint when we can't do symmetry

Symmetric rate configuration can fail if the second stream starting tries
to apply the symmetric constraint before the first stream has got far
enough to pick a rate. Rather than try to enforce a nonsensical rate of
0Hz log a warning and allow the application to carry on. Things might go
wrong later on but the user will know about it and there's unlikely to be
lasting damage.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
11 years agoASoC: Refactor symmetric_rates check to reduce indentation
Mark Brown [Tue, 8 Mar 2011 00:11:15 +0000 (00:11 +0000)]
ASoC: Refactor symmetric_rates check to reduce indentation

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
11 years agoASoC: Convert WM9081 SYSCLK configuration to be device wide
Mark Brown [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 20:59:45 +0000 (20:59 +0000)]
ASoC: Convert WM9081 SYSCLK configuration to be device wide

Also respace the CODEC ops a bit for legibility.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
11 years agoASoC: Provide CODEC clocking operations and API calls
Mark Brown [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 20:58:11 +0000 (20:58 +0000)]
ASoC: Provide CODEC clocking operations and API calls

When multi component systems use DAIless amplifiers which require clocking
configuration it is at best hard to use the current clocking API as this
requires a DAI even though the device may not even have one. Address this
by adding set_sysclk() and set_pll() operations and APIs for CODECs.

In order to avoid issues with devices which could be used either with or
without DAIs make the DAI variants call through to their CODEC counterparts
if there is no DAI specific operation. Converting over entirely would create
problems for multi-DAI devices which offer per-DAI clocking setup.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
11 years agoASoC: Fix section mismatch warnings in WM8994
Mark Brown [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 16:42:20 +0000 (16:42 +0000)]
ASoC: Fix section mismatch warnings in WM8994

Annoying as the __devinitdata is actually correct.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
11 years agoASoC: Use data based init for WM9081 DAPM
Mark Brown [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 16:39:50 +0000 (16:39 +0000)]
ASoC: Use data based init for WM9081 DAPM

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
11 years agoASoC: Add DAPM widget and path data to CODEC driver structure
Mark Brown [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 16:38:44 +0000 (16:38 +0000)]
ASoC: Add DAPM widget and path data to CODEC driver structure

Allow a slight simplification of CODEC drivers by allowing DAPM routes and
widgets to be provided in a table. They will be instantiated at the end of
CODEC probe.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
11 years agoASoC: Remove warnings in ep93xx-i2s.c
Alexander Sverdlin [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 17:29:58 +0000 (20:29 +0300)]
ASoC: Remove warnings in ep93xx-i2s.c

Remove warnings in ep93xx-i2s.c

Signed-off-by: Alexander Sverdlin <subaparts@yandex.ru>
Acked-by: Ryan Mallon <ryan@bluewatersys.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Extend range of supported sample rates for CS4271 CODEC.
Alexander Sverdlin [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 17:29:36 +0000 (20:29 +0300)]
ASoC: Extend range of supported sample rates for CS4271 CODEC.

Extend range of supported sample rates for CS4271 CODEC.

Signed-off-by: Alexander Sverdlin <subaparts@yandex.ru>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Add LM4857 to SND_SOC_ALL_CODECS
Mark Brown [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 12:23:10 +0000 (12:23 +0000)]
ASoC: Add LM4857 to SND_SOC_ALL_CODECS

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
11 years agoASoC: Add driver for the dfbmcs320 bluetooth module
Lars-Peter Clausen [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 07:04:59 +0000 (08:04 +0100)]
ASoC: Add driver for the dfbmcs320 bluetooth module

This patch adds a codec driver for the dfbmcs320 bluetooth module, which is used
on the neo1973 boards.

The patch also modifies the neo1937_wm8753 sound board driver to use the new
driver instead of registering the bluetooth DAI manually.
Previously there was a name mismatch between the bluetooth DAI and the bluetooth
DAI link and the sound card was not instantiated, with this patch the issue is
no longer present and sound support works again.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Samsung: Merge neo1937_wm8753 and neo1973_gta02_wm8753 sound board driver
Lars-Peter Clausen [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 07:04:58 +0000 (08:04 +0100)]
ASoC: Samsung: Merge neo1937_wm8753 and neo1973_gta02_wm8753 sound board driver

The neo1973(GTA01) and neo1973_gta02(GTA02) have a very similar audio hardware
setup. They both use the same codec with the same routing to the gsm modem and
bluetooth chip. But they do use different AMPs though and there are some minor
differences in the speaker setup.

As a result most of the code of those two drivers is identical.
So from a maintenance point of view it makes sense to merge them into a single
driver. It also reduces the size of kernel images supporting both the GTA01 and
GTA02.

As a side-effect of this merge the GTA01 for example gains support for routing
audio to and from the bluetooth DAI.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: neo1973_gta02_wm8753: Use gpio_request_array to request gpios
Lars-Peter Clausen [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 07:04:57 +0000 (08:04 +0100)]
ASoC: neo1973_gta02_wm8753: Use gpio_request_array to request gpios

Using gpio_request_array instead of requesting and setting up each gpio by hand
makes the code more readable and more compact.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: neo1973_gta02_wm8753: Remove lm4853_{set,get}_state
Lars-Peter Clausen [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 07:04:56 +0000 (08:04 +0100)]
ASoC: neo1973_gta02_wm8753: Remove lm4853_{set,get}_state

This patch drops the lm4853_{set,get}_state functions and the "Amp State Switch"
control.
Those were noops which existed to maintain alsa state file compatibility. Since
the control names have changed due to internal changes in the ASoC core and
state file compatibility was broken anyway it makes sense to drop them.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: neo1973_wm8753: Move lm4857 specefic code to its own module
Lars-Peter Clausen [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 07:04:55 +0000 (08:04 +0100)]
ASoC: neo1973_wm8753: Move lm4857 specefic code to its own module

This patch moves the code for the lm4857 AMP from the neo1973_wm8753 sound
board driver to its own module.
The lm4857 is a generic AMP IC and not specific to the neo1973.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: neo1973_wm8753: Remove scenario management code.
Lars-Peter Clausen [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 07:04:54 +0000 (08:04 +0100)]
ASoC: neo1973_wm8753: Remove scenario management code.

It has been proven to be inflexible to do scenario management in kernel space.

Since actual neo1973 board support has not been merged in mainline and this
patch has been in the neo1973 tree for some time now it should be safe to remove
this functionality without breaking existing userspace.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Add machine driver for Visstrim_M10 board.
Javier Martin [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 07:47:09 +0000 (08:47 +0100)]
ASoC: Add machine driver for Visstrim_M10 board.

Visstrim_M10 boards have an external tlcv320aic3205 codec
attached to SSI1. This driver glues together both interfaces.
External amplifier is not supported in this first version.

Signed-off-by: Javier Martin <javier.martin@vista-silicon.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Constify i2c_device_id table
Axel Lin [Fri, 4 Mar 2011 07:22:03 +0000 (15:22 +0800)]
ASoC: Constify i2c_device_id table

Signed-off-by: Axel Lin <axel.lin@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Alexander Sverdlin <subaparts@yandex.ru>
Acked-by: Timur Tabi <timur@freescale.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: tlv320dac33: add MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE
Axel Lin [Fri, 4 Mar 2011 07:18:18 +0000 (15:18 +0800)]
ASoC: tlv320dac33: add MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE

The device table is required to load modules based on modaliases.

Signed-off-by: Axel Lin <axel.lin@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@nokia.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Add missing debugfs conditionals
Mark Brown [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 11:09:25 +0000 (11:09 +0000)]
ASoC: Add missing debugfs conditionals

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Fix outdated API usage in tlv320aic32x4
Mark Brown [Mon, 7 Mar 2011 11:07:24 +0000 (11:07 +0000)]
ASoC: Fix outdated API usage in tlv320aic32x4

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Add TI tlv320aic32x4 codec support.
Javier Martin [Wed, 2 Mar 2011 13:52:32 +0000 (14:52 +0100)]
ASoC: Add TI tlv320aic32x4 codec support.

This patch adds support for tlv320aic3205 and tlv320aic3254 codecs.
It doesn't include miniDSP support for aic3254.

Signed-off-by: Javier Martin <javier.martin@vista-silicon.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Add a late_probe() callback to cards
Mark Brown [Wed, 2 Mar 2011 18:36:34 +0000 (18:36 +0000)]
ASoC: Add a late_probe() callback to cards

This is run after the DAPM widgets and routes are added, allowing setup
of things like jacks using the routes. The main card probe() is run before
anything else so can't be used for this purpose.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Allow card DAPM widgets and routes to be set up at registration
Mark Brown [Wed, 2 Mar 2011 18:35:51 +0000 (18:35 +0000)]
ASoC: Allow card DAPM widgets and routes to be set up at registration

These will be added after all devices are registered and allow most DAI
init functions in machine drivers to be replaced by simple data.
Regular controls are not supported as the registration function still
works in terms of CODECs.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Add a per-card DAPM context
Mark Brown [Wed, 2 Mar 2011 18:21:57 +0000 (18:21 +0000)]
ASoC: Add a per-card DAPM context

This means that rather than adding the board specific DAPM widgets to a
random CODEC DAPM context they can be added to the card itself which is
a bit cleaner. Previously there only was one DAPM context and it was
tied to the single supported CODEC.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Check for a CODEC before dereferencing in DAPM
Mark Brown [Wed, 2 Mar 2011 18:18:24 +0000 (18:18 +0000)]
ASoC: Check for a CODEC before dereferencing in DAPM

A CODEC pointer is optional (and is checked for in most contexts within
DAPM) - add checks to the few places where it was missed.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Get the card directly from the DAPM context
Mark Brown [Wed, 2 Mar 2011 18:17:32 +0000 (18:17 +0000)]
ASoC: Get the card directly from the DAPM context

Rather than indirecting through the CODEC we can look the card up directly
from the card pointer in the DAPM context.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Add TLV information for WM8978 DAC limiter
Mark Brown [Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:04:10 +0000 (11:04 +0000)]
ASoC: Add TLV information for WM8978 DAC limiter

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.38' into for-2.6.39
Mark Brown [Thu, 3 Mar 2011 11:13:15 +0000 (11:13 +0000)]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.38' into for-2.6.39

11 years agoASoC: Fix broken bitfield definitions in WM8978
Mark Brown [Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:01:18 +0000 (11:01 +0000)]
ASoC: Fix broken bitfield definitions in WM8978

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
11 years agoASoC: WM8994: Ensure MICBIAS is provided with a clock
Dimitris Papastamos [Tue, 1 Mar 2011 12:54:39 +0000 (12:54 +0000)]
ASoC: WM8994: Ensure MICBIAS is provided with a clock

The patch 'ASoC: WM8994: Improve Playback Robustness' did not handle
this case properly.

Signed-off-by: Dimitris Papastamos <dp@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Add platform data for WM9081 IRQ pin configuration
Mark Brown [Tue, 1 Mar 2011 20:10:46 +0000 (20:10 +0000)]
ASoC: Add platform data for WM9081 IRQ pin configuration

The WM9081 IRQ output can be either active high or active low and can
support either CMOS or open drain modes.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Remove module probe announcements from CODEC drivers
Mark Brown [Thu, 24 Feb 2011 20:25:45 +0000 (20:25 +0000)]
ASoC: Remove module probe announcements from CODEC drivers

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Fix burstsize and DSP_B format problems in imx-ssi.
Javier Martin [Tue, 1 Mar 2011 14:02:06 +0000 (15:02 +0100)]
ASoC: Fix burstsize and DSP_B format problems in imx-ssi.

When choosing IMX_DMA flag, burtsizes are set to its default
value (0) which leads to driver malfunction. Change them to 4.

DSP_B interface needs additional flag to match DSP_B formats
as described in several codecs as wm8741 and aic3205.

Signed-off-by: Javier Martin <javier.martin@vista-silicon.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: WM8994: Ensure MICBIAS is provided with a clock
Dimitris Papastamos [Tue, 1 Mar 2011 12:54:39 +0000 (12:54 +0000)]
ASoC: WM8994: Ensure MICBIAS is provided with a clock

The patch 'ASoC: WM8994: Improve Playback Robustness' did not handle
this case properly.

Signed-off-by: Dimitris Papastamos <dp@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.38' into for-2.6.39
Mark Brown [Tue, 1 Mar 2011 23:29:04 +0000 (23:29 +0000)]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.38' into for-2.6.39

11 years agoASoC: WM8994: Ensure late enable events are processed for the ADCs
Dimitris Papastamos [Tue, 1 Mar 2011 11:47:10 +0000 (11:47 +0000)]
ASoC: WM8994: Ensure late enable events are processed for the ADCs

Ensure that the ADCs are provided with a clock as the previous patch
"ASoC: WM8994: Improve playback robustness" did not handle this case
properly.

Signed-off-by: Dimitris Papastamos <dp@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
11 years agoASoC: WM8994: Don't disable the AIF[1|2]CLK_ENA unconditionaly
Dimitris Papastamos [Mon, 28 Feb 2011 17:24:11 +0000 (17:24 +0000)]
ASoC: WM8994: Don't disable the AIF[1|2]CLK_ENA unconditionaly

Since we began using the late clock disable functionality, ensure that
we don't disable the clock if any of the ADC or DAC paths are still
enabled.  This happens when we have simultaneous playback and recording.

Signed-off-by: Dimitris Papastamos <dp@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
11 years agoASoC: Fix WM9081 platform data initialisation
Mark Brown [Tue, 1 Mar 2011 20:05:23 +0000 (20:05 +0000)]
ASoC: Fix WM9081 platform data initialisation

It went AWOL in the multi-component conversion.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
11 years agoASoC: Tegra: Fix error handling in DMA channel alloc
Stephen Warren [Wed, 23 Feb 2011 03:16:34 +0000 (20:16 -0700)]
ASoC: Tegra: Fix error handling in DMA channel alloc

tegra_dma_allocate_channel() returns NULL on errors, not an error pointer.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@nvidia.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Staticise non-exported symbols in SGTL5000
Mark Brown [Mon, 28 Feb 2011 14:33:01 +0000 (14:33 +0000)]
ASoC: Staticise non-exported symbols in SGTL5000

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: remove unnecessary header including in SGTL5000 codec driver
Zeng Zhaoming [Sun, 27 Feb 2011 19:45:21 +0000 (03:45 +0800)]
ASoC: remove unnecessary header including in SGTL5000 codec driver

Remove unnecessary headers:
 - mach/hardware.h in sgtl5000.c
 - linux/i2c.h in sgtl5000.h

Signed-off-by: Zeng Zhaoming <b32542@freescale.com>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.38' into for-2.6.39
Mark Brown [Sat, 26 Feb 2011 09:50:01 +0000 (09:50 +0000)]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.38' into for-2.6.39

11 years agoASoC: eukrea-tlv320: add MBIMXSD51 support
Eric Bénard [Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:48:15 +0000 (13:48 +0100)]
ASoC: eukrea-tlv320: add MBIMXSD51 support

Signed-off-by: Eric Bénard <eric@eukrea.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Move WM2000 to dev_pm_ops
Mark Brown [Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:25:18 +0000 (12:25 +0000)]
ASoC: Move WM2000 to dev_pm_ops

There's a general move to use dev_pm_ops rather than bus specific functions
in order to facilitate work on the PM core. Do this conversion to WM2000.
The driver ought to be updated to work better in a multi-component model
but the mechanical conversion ensures that we avoid blocking PM core work
until that happens.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoeukrea-tlv320: fix platform_name
Eric Bénard [Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:47:46 +0000 (13:47 +0100)]
eukrea-tlv320: fix platform_name

commit f0fba2ad1b6b53d5360125c41953b7afcd6deff0 included a mistake
on the name of the platform in the snd_soc_dai_link structure.

Signed-off-by: Eric Bénard <eric@eukrea.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
11 years agoASoC: Add Freescale SGTL5000 codec support
Zeng Zhaoming [Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:08:21 +0000 (02:08 +0800)]
ASoC: Add Freescale SGTL5000 codec support

Add Freescale SGTL5000 codec support.
Supported features:
 - line-in and mic input
 - headphone and line-out output
 - line-in bypass ADC and DAC to headphone
 - 16, 20, 24, 32 bit audio
 - 8 ~ 96k sample rates

Signed-off-by: Zeng Zhaoming <zhaoming.zeng@freescale.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: remove one to many l's in the word
Justin P. Mattock [Fri, 25 Feb 2011 06:16:37 +0000 (22:16 -0800)]
ASoC: remove one to many l's in the word

The patch below removes an extra "l" in the word.

Signed-off-by: Justin P. Mattock <justinmattock@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Jassi Brar <jassi.brar@samsung.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.38' into for-2.6.39
Mark Brown [Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:45:09 +0000 (11:45 +0000)]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.38' into for-2.6.39

11 years agoASoC: Tegra: Move utilities to separate module
Stephen Warren [Wed, 23 Feb 2011 00:23:56 +0000 (17:23 -0700)]
ASoC: Tegra: Move utilities to separate module

The utilities will be required by every machine driver. Including the
utility object directly into every machine driver causes a build failure
if the modules are actually built into the kernel, since each will define
the symbols exported by the utility file. Solve this by moving the
utility object into a separate module.

Signed-off-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@nvidia.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: soc-dapm: Include quotes around contents in debugfs entries
Dimitris Papastamos [Thu, 24 Feb 2011 17:09:32 +0000 (17:09 +0000)]
ASoC: soc-dapm: Include quotes around contents in debugfs entries

Sometimes the name of the control switch of a dapm route contains
spaces which makes it impossible to distinguish it from the source widget.
Add quotes around the names of the widgets to makes these parsable.

Signed-off-by: Dimitris Papastamos <dp@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Remove -codec suffix from WM9081 driver
Mark Brown [Thu, 24 Feb 2011 20:26:02 +0000 (20:26 +0000)]
ASoC: Remove -codec suffix from WM9081 driver

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: correct pxa AC97 DAI names
Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov [Tue, 22 Feb 2011 23:29:11 +0000 (02:29 +0300)]
ASoC: correct pxa AC97 DAI names

Correct names for pxa AC97 DAI are pxa2xx-ac97 and pxa2xx-ac97-aux. Fix
that for all PXA platforms.

Signed-off-by: Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov <dbaryshkov@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc: stable@kernel.org
11 years agoASoC: Pass the jack to jack notifiers
Mark Brown [Tue, 22 Feb 2011 20:42:35 +0000 (12:42 -0800)]
ASoC: Pass the jack to jack notifiers

We're currently not passing anything and this will make the card and so on
more discoverable.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Simplify default WM8958 jack detection code
Mark Brown [Tue, 22 Feb 2011 04:51:13 +0000 (20:51 -0800)]
ASoC: Simplify default WM8958 jack detection code

The default WM8958 jack detection handler implements a full set of buttons
and also support for video detection. Support for multi-button jacks is
fairly system specific and will usually require some tuning for headsets
so simplify the implementation to only report a simple short to ground
button, leaving multi-button headsets to be handled by system specific
code.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Support configuration of WM8958 microphone bias analogue parameters
Mark Brown [Tue, 22 Feb 2011 01:11:59 +0000 (17:11 -0800)]
ASoC: Support configuration of WM8958 microphone bias analogue parameters

The WM8958 has a different microphone bias architecture to WM8994 so needs
different configuration to WM8994. Support this in platform data.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Support WM8958 direct microphone detection IRQ
Mark Brown [Fri, 18 Feb 2011 04:05:44 +0000 (20:05 -0800)]
ASoC: Support WM8958 direct microphone detection IRQ

Allow direct routing of the WM8958 microphone detection signal to a GPIO
to be used, saving the need to demux the interrupt.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Mark WM8958 microphone bias registers as readable
Mark Brown [Sat, 19 Feb 2011 00:57:22 +0000 (16:57 -0800)]
ASoC: Mark WM8958 microphone bias registers as readable

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Run bias level changes for all DAPM contexts in parallel
Mark Brown [Fri, 18 Feb 2011 19:49:43 +0000 (11:49 -0800)]
ASoC: Run bias level changes for all DAPM contexts in parallel

As bias level changes can be quite time consuming and the bias changes
for multiple devices aren't strongly tied to each other (if anything it
can be advantageous to bring different devices up together) we can improve
the state transition time for multi-component systems by running the bias
level changes for all the devices in parallel. This is very simple to
achieve using the kernel async functionality so use that to schedule the
work.

This should have no practical effect for the overwhelming majority of
systems which have a single DAPM context - we'll bounce into another
thread to do the bias level change but otherwise everything will happen
in exactly the same order as it did before.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Remove card from snd_soc_dapm_set_bias_level()
Mark Brown [Fri, 18 Feb 2011 19:12:42 +0000 (11:12 -0800)]
ASoC: Remove card from snd_soc_dapm_set_bias_level()

We can get the card from the DAPM context so don't bother passing it as
an argument.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoMerge branch 'for-2.6.38' into for-2.6.39
Mark Brown [Tue, 22 Feb 2011 18:38:13 +0000 (10:38 -0800)]
Merge branch 'for-2.6.38' into for-2.6.39

11 years agoASoC: Hook wm_hubs micbiases up to CLK_SYS
Mark Brown [Fri, 18 Feb 2011 23:05:53 +0000 (15:05 -0800)]
ASoC: Hook wm_hubs micbiases up to CLK_SYS

The microphone detection functionality requires a clock to work. In any
non-detection case where the MICBIAS is enabled CLK_SYS will be needed
anyway so there is no negative impact on power consumption.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Correct definition of WM8903_VMID_RES_5K
Mark Brown [Mon, 21 Feb 2011 18:44:42 +0000 (10:44 -0800)]
ASoC: Correct definition of WM8903_VMID_RES_5K

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Fix WM8958 default microphone detection argument ordering
Mark Brown [Tue, 22 Feb 2011 04:41:25 +0000 (20:41 -0800)]
ASoC: Fix WM8958 default microphone detection argument ordering

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: omap: rx51: Add FM transmitter support
Jarkko Nikula [Mon, 21 Feb 2011 12:57:22 +0000 (14:57 +0200)]
ASoC: omap: rx51: Add FM transmitter support

Si4713 FM transmitter on Nokia RX-51/N900 is connected to same Line out
signals of TLV320AIC34 than TPA6130 headphone amplifier.

This patch adds route to transmitter and "FM Transmitter" control to keep
route active when needed.

Signed-off-by: Jarkko Nikula <jhnikula@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@nokia.com>
Signed-off-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Hook wm_hubs micbiases up to CLK_SYS
Mark Brown [Fri, 18 Feb 2011 23:05:53 +0000 (15:05 -0800)]
ASoC: Hook wm_hubs micbiases up to CLK_SYS

The microphone detection functionality requires a clock to work. In any
non-detection case where the MICBIAS is enabled CLK_SYS will be needed
anyway so there is no negative impact on power consumption.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Mark WM8958 microphone detection registers readable
Mark Brown [Fri, 18 Feb 2011 22:47:02 +0000 (14:47 -0800)]
ASoC: Mark WM8958 microphone detection registers readable

So they show up in codec_reg.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
11 years agoASoC: Add kerneldoc for jack_status_check callback
Mark Brown [Fri, 18 Feb 2011 00:41:42 +0000 (16:41 -0800)]
ASoC: Add kerneldoc for jack_status_check callback

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Allow GPIO jack detection to be configured as a wake source
Mark Brown [Fri, 18 Feb 2011 00:35:55 +0000 (16:35 -0800)]
ASoC: Allow GPIO jack detection to be configured as a wake source

Some systems wish to use jacks as wake sources. Provide a wake flag in the
GPIO configuration which causes the driver to enable the IRQ as a wake
source.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Log wm_hubs DC servo operation code when reporting a timeout
Mark Brown [Thu, 17 Feb 2011 20:05:46 +0000 (12:05 -0800)]
ASoC: Log wm_hubs DC servo operation code when reporting a timeout

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Remove export of snd_soc_dapm_stream_event()
Mark Brown [Thu, 17 Feb 2011 03:24:39 +0000 (19:24 -0800)]
ASoC: Remove export of snd_soc_dapm_stream_event()

The only thing that should ever be calling this is soc-core and that is
built as part of the same module so doesn't need the export.

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: Fix missing space in WM8994
Mark Brown [Wed, 16 Feb 2011 22:57:17 +0000 (14:57 -0800)]
ASoC: Fix missing space in WM8994

Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
11 years agoASoC: sst_platform: fix the pulseaudio error
Vinod Koul [Tue, 15 Feb 2011 12:58:54 +0000 (18:28 +0530)]
ASoC: sst_platform: fix the pulseaudio error

Pulseaudio doesnt work with current driver and it was root caused to absense of
hw_params function and malloc_pages in it.
This patch adds this and allows pa to work fine with these drivers

Signed-off-by: Vinod Koul <vinod.koul@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Harsha Priya <priya.harsha@intel.com>
Acked-by: Liam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>